Saturday, May 4 - Sunday, May 5, 2013 Camp MacGregor, Rt 5, 4074 Coolidge Hwy, Guilford, VT, 05301
8:00am Saturday - 12:00pm Sunday
What to expect
Start working on your badge for your new rank....Come learn more about Wilderness Survival, Outdoor Cooking, First Aid, Orienteering, Knife Safety/Woodcarving, and more! This overnight will be attended by Hopkinton Cub Scouts (not just Pack 97) and Boy Scouts (they will be facilitating the workshops). All scouts and parents will be assigned tasks to help out during the day of the event in addition to a job for clean up before we depart on Sunday.
Just $5 per person attending. This cost includes a Cub Jam t-shirt for your scout, dinner and dessert on Saturday, as well as breakfast on Sunday. Siblings are welcome!
What to wear
Cub Scouts will receive a Cub Jam 2013 t-shirt at registration on Sat. morning and will wear that shirt during the day on Sat. Scouts should also bring their scout hat and Class B (blue Pack 97 shirt - long or short sleeve is fine) to wear on Sun. Scouts will not need their full class A uniform shirts.
What to bring
See the detailed Packing List
for this trip. Some items to note:
- Please do not forget to pack a lunch for your family to eat on Saturday.
- There is no trash service at Camp MacGregor and we must carry the trash out of this facility with us, so we ask that families keep waste to a minimum.
- All families should expect to bring a reusable water bottle/canteen for each person attending in addition to a mess kit or reusable plates, bowls and utensils for each member of your family.
- Lost in the Woods belt pack that your scout received at Lost in the Woods training includes survival supplies (compass, whistle, tarp) and an easy way for your scout to carry their water bottle with them.
- Snacks including fruit and granola bars will be provided, but you can also add a few snacks such as trail mix to their belt pack to help your Cub Scout to keep up their stamina as they work their way through each station in what is sure to be a very busy day for the boys.
- Please plan to pack rain gear as well for this rain or shine event.
- Please read the Pack's Rules for Camping and note, NO alcohol is allowed at any Scouting function.
While at Camp MacGregor, we strongly recommend that you program the phone number for Vermont State Police in Brattleboro into your cell phone (802) 257-7101. If you call 911 from your cell phone, you may be directed to Massachusetts State Police depending on what cell tower is closest to Camp MacGregor for your cell phone provider.